The Missions Committee function is to support & promote missions within the church, community and world. The Team is responsible for supporting missions, discerning genuine needs, making referrals both for individuals and agencies, increasing awareness of missions within the congregation and promoting participation & giving to mission projects.
Missions Supported by Red Bank UMC
• Assistance to members in crisis
• One Great Hour of Sharing - general offering donation collected in March to support UMCOR thru the year.
• Epworth Children Home - general offering collection on Mother's Day and in September for annual Work Day.
• Red Cross Blood Drive
• Bible Project – Providing a supply of bibles on hand at church for those who need help getting a a bible.
• Lexington Interfaith Community Services (LICS) - The fourth Wednesday of each month is our church’s volunteer day.
• Meals on Wheels
• Community Christmas
• Angel Tree
• Christmas at Red Bank Concert for L.I.C.S. – Coordinated by Kevin Oliver
Missions donations provide some financial support for anyone wishing to go on a Mission trip and assists with other fundraising and missions events carried out by different ministries within our church when requested. We also support various agencies in the Columbia/Lexington area with donations throughout the year.
We ask you to pray for those serving in missions and on the Missions Committee as we work to assure God’s will in supporting various needs and missions.